Knowledge and Research Analyst
Paid holidays, Paid vacation, 401K / Retirement plan, Disability Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Health Insurance
We are looking for an energetic; customer-service focused Knowledge & Research Analyst with experience to join our team in Taft's Cincinnati office.
We are seeking a Knowledge & Research Analyst who will help provide high-quality legal and competitive business information to clients as well as provide advice and assistance in developing and maintaining the Knowledge & Research Services department’s technology applications, print, and online resource collections. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
• Master’s degree in Library & Information Science from an accredited graduate program.
• 2-3 years of experience working in a law library or corporate library setting is preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
• Responsible for performing legal, corporate and competitive intelligence research and providing information, analysis, and expertise to attorneys, marketing and staff in all practice areas firm-wide via a team approach.
• Uses question and answer skills to conduct effective research/reference interviews.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize legal, corporate and general information and communicate research findings in a clear and concise manner.
• Help plan and implement KaRS department outreach, training, and orientation programs.
• Assist with the evaluation and recommendation of new information resources.
• Supports research and Knowledge Management initiatives for firm attorneys and staff and assist with rolling out new technology.
• Creates and maintains new business alert services that identify matters of interest to existing and potential clients.
• Works independently and with the KaRS team and selected practice areas to choose, collect, organize, maintain, and update content for print collections, websites and online subscription databases.
• Provides attorneys with access to and encourages the effective use of internal and external knowledge resources.
• Disseminates knowledge resources via firm-wide intranet and databases to attorneys.
• Establishes relationships with attorneys to promote awareness of KaRS initiatives and to solicit their participation.
• Uses workflow software for the distribution and recording of research requests.
• Continues professional development through the various firm and association sponsored activities.
• Personal effectiveness & credibility
• Ability to adapt and be proactive
• Maintains client confidences
• Thoroughness & strong attention to detail
• Collaboration & teamwork
• Communication proficiency
• High level of organization
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter when applying.
7.5 hours per day, Monday - Friday
Pay will be based on experience